Thursday, March 21, 2013

Someone Wants to Sue Me!

Oh shit. It finally happened.

Yes kids, as the title implies, I have been legally threatened. A cease and desist email has come my way, albeit four months after the fact and at one in the morning. I always knew this day would come; great men like me are always being oppressed by painters of abstract landscapes.

Remember way back in November when I posted my article on why art students should be euthanised? Well leave it to an art student to take criticism poorly. It seems Herr McNulty says using his image (see below) on my blog ist verboten. Unfortunately for Nutty 'Nulty, I'm completely in the right.

My use of his image falls under what we bloggers call 'fair use'; it applies to any use of a copyrighted image in a review, parody, or criticism, and my claim fulfills all three. I'd also like to point out that I did not download that image off Saddam McNulty's personal website, but rather his FaceBook page, which nullifies the claim that the only place it can exist is Oshawna Bin Nulty's personal site, and that whatever poor schlub coughed up the cash for this nug of dook deserves a refund. Speaking of refunds, why do you seek 'back damages', Shawn 'Puffy' McNulty? I'm not getting paid for this, dick; neither are you.

I'd like to see this quibble end here, Shawn Juan Quixote... oh, who am I kidding? I'd like to see this case make it to the supreme court. Alas, it shan't, because upon speaking to a lawyer, I was told I had nothing to worry about. As for who spilled the beans, let's just say it was a nameless legal aide at the very law firm SeƱor Censorshit has attempted to sic on my black ass, Friedman Iverson.

"That's definitely something we can take care of. Just send him a letter back saying 'screw off', probably."- A Verbatim and In-Context Quote from Friedman Iverson, 3/21/13

Now, just to protect myself before I wriggity-wreck myself, I'm not going to publish the video I recorded of the phone call I made to FI. That would be illegal in this country, because I am not a government official. However, I would like to see this issue put to bed officially, so just to restitute any offense, I shall make McNultsack a peace offering:

A FULL REVIEW OF HIS WORK.


COPYRIGHT SHAWN MCNULTY 2009!!!!
1) TITLE. The title of this painting is 'Shiver Blue', and it is quite apropos. I shiver when I think an adult man painted this (I would have guessed a child, or at least a female would be responsible), and I blew out my o-ring laughing when I found out it was supposed to be a landscape!

2)ORIGINALITY. As a writer, I fully understand the importance of developing one's personal style. Before I hit the scene as the Internet's first official comedy blog back in 2008, no one was writing angry, obscenity-filled rants about Barack Obama. I feel an enormous swelling of pride in my genitals when I think of how I sired an entire genre of writing called "Hate Speech". This work, however, is not nearly as creative. Rather, it is a trite, mediocre, and above all boring painting. It's just two blue squares with a stripe painted through it. What land could this "art" be trying to -scape?

3)SKILL DEMONSTRATED. Well, you've proven you know how to apply paint to a canvas, however this is a skill all toddlers acquire in preschool, so you'll forgive me if I feel it lacks any effort on your behalf.

LETTER GRADE: TRIPLE FART MINUS!

I hope this puts things in perspective for you, McNulty. Lastly, if anyone reading this has any questions about handling a cease and desist letter, refer Chilling Effects, a non-profit organization operated by people who, like yours truly, value free speech, and would never childishly threaten to sue someone for disliking their shitty paintings. Stay golden.

4 comments:

Josh said...

Darsh, you kill me!

It's hysterical that dork has this posted on his Facebook page, then has the pomposity to deliver a "cease and desist" order. That must have made him feel all educated and stuff.

Unknown said...

I go to art school .iam a veteran I served in afghanistan and been around art .and lived in EU. and def paid my dues as to try to persist my goals. btw ...never say " Passion" usually people who say that are idiots! and this whole article it's spot on. alot of this "students" they have more pretensions. then actually TALENT. they gave the lowest iq. thry are self center and alot of them are dumb as a back of rocks. and yes thry where stupid black frame glasses and they have this I know it all demeanor, that is sickening. the irony I'd that many don't drive. have shit job.and still live with mom and daddy. so yeah I went to school to refine my craft and learn more,because learning something new is something We all should ,the world would be a better place....but this turds. just come in class to talk shit none stop. they move their pie hole more then their brush. over all this post is,excellent. it's hard been older and going back to school and pick up from where you left off.. all this art student are nothing but lazy self entitle .iam better then you attitude idiots . sometime I mention an artist thst it's one of the most important individual in the art world .and sometimes I get them corner and I can see how stupid thry feel that their moment to shine fled .like when a dog gets his ass wooped.and it's tail can't get any further in between their legs. but yes. this is my formula I put together .and you get a decent result.
BULLSHIT+PRETENSION +BLACK FRAME GLASSES+SHIT DRAWING AND SKETCHES = Equal idiots with no talent .trying to feel important, when in reality I admire more the nursing students. the science students. the engineering students. and all those students who will make our world a whole lot better.....better then dealing with this pretentious ass clown. big fancy words,with horrible "art work"

Unknown said...

Good job handling that "artist." :)

Anonymous said...

If you really want to be in danger, go on Quora and say "Superman can't beat _____."

You won't believe how the insane asylums rejects come gunning for you.